Friday, October 5, 2018

Happy 90th Birthday, Mickey!

OMG, it's been so long...

What better excuse to get Faturated Sats back in gear than with a 90th birthday edition of birthday cake flavored Oreos?

                               

First, I'll open with apologies. I have no excuse. Wait, yes I do.  It's been a super busy year for the Fat. Looking back on the last post, dated SO long ago, I'm confronted by the reality the second kid has added a lot more to the "busy-ness" of life which causes things like recreational blogging about snack eating to take a back seat.  However, I want to offer reassurance that Fat Mike has still been scouring the market and collecting opinions about some great and not so great snacks that have been swirling around the market. So, if you'll forgive my absence, then I promise to get you back up to speed as soon as I can.  



Let's start here.  I assume that you've seen these on the shelves?? Curious? Don't be, they're awesome.  They're not an original idea. Just a cool tribute to a great, animated mouse. If you've had the birthday cake Oreos (with the white cookies) that are on the shelves most of the time, then you know the taste. However, they did this cool thing where each cookie got a cool, individualized design and it tastes delicious. Obviously, I'm just kidding... but if you close your eyes while you're eating, you can taste the happiness just a little bit.  Look, the long story short is that it's a cool idea where the gimic is so slight and virtually unnecessary that it's nice to participate and know that Nabiso feels like tipping their caps to the mouse for the big 9-0.


On a personal note, I just liked having two of my favorite things in the world collide, head-on into each other.  It's not a secret that Fat Mike loves the Dis, so I was contacted on numerous occasions asking if I'd gotten my hands on these bad boys.  After having them shared with me, and then brought into my own cabinets I couldn't help but feel like this was a sign that Faturated Sats had been neglected for too long and it was time to get the Fat back in the game. Those tasty, colorful flecks of birthday cake got to me, folks. They hit me right in the heart. Some would say, the arteries mostly, but after my 40th I went and got checked out and it looks like the Fat has nothing to worry about yet. Eat well, folks. I'll be back soon with more.

No comments:

Post a Comment