Friday, November 20, 2015

Not Hizz... HERR'S!!

It's astonishing to me how little awareness a brand can have in the marketplace.  I'm constantly surprised by people who have never herr'd of Herr's (you see what I did there?).  They have no idea that Herr's is a brand that cranks out A TON of consistent "go to" snacks.  Most of the time, when someone comments to me that they've never had Herr's I say, "Sure you have. They make that dope cheddar popcorn in the orange bag" and then they get it.  However, as much as I follow the various chip purveyors out there, I've never noticed a truly unique product on the shelves from Herr's. Most of the time, there's just another popcorn, or a regular potato chip, but something recently caught my eye.    

I present to you Herr's Jalapeno Popper Flavored Cheese Curls


Look, I'm a loyal Cheese Doodler.  I don't subscribe to the "cheese curls are the same as cheese doodles" argument. Wise makes Cheese Doodles and all others are just knock offs.  Typically, I don't reach for the curl if the Doodle is available, but I was SO intrigued by the flavor profile that I had to grab this bag.  I was amazed at what I found inside.

Herr's really knocked this one out of the park.  Not only does this curl embrace every layered nuance of the popper, but once the delicious curl dissolves in your mouth, you are immediately compelled to grab another.  Let's be clear, this is NOT a Jalapeno flavored Cheese Curl. This is a Jalapeno POPPER curl. I'm pointing that out because Herr's makes sure to embrace the spiciness of the pepper with the blend of cheddar cheese and toasted taste of the deep fried exterior.  I was SUPER impressed.  After reading the back of the back (left) I was happy to see that Ed Herr himself had endorsed these bad boys, and I tipped my cap to him for the effort.  Better yet, if you had NOT noticed in the picture posted above, this bag is pre-labeled with a price point of only $2! That's right!


This reminded of the Doublemint gum of old, where the retailers are OBLIGATED to stick to a specific price point based on packaging (click to see reference).  I am a FULL supporter of this initiative.  I was able to walk into a grocery in NYC and walk out with a FULL SIZED back of curls for TWO DOLLARS!!  Thank you Herr's for not only creating a deliciously crafted snack, but slapping a reasonable price on it that all store owners have to universally abide to.  I threw my hand in there over, and over, and over again to the point where my digits started to resemble the curls that I was consuming.

As an even STRONGER endorsement, the group of dudes that I was eating in front of decided to try and ALL of them agreed that this was a unique and tasty snack.  Take it from me, it is VERY rare that any group of people will agree on a snack food.  This proved to be a great accomplishment on the part of Herr's.  From that moment on, I've been regularly asked about these curls, and to my amazement I only see them on limited shelves.  Go out and find these, folks.  They are DIVINE.  You'd be doing yourself a disservice, and ever person around you if you don't go out and buy the HELL out of this product.  You wont' be disappointed.  

The product locator on the Herr's website allows to you purchase directly from the company, but doesn't seem to have a specific locator that will tell you where these curls can be found.  My recommendation? Either buy them direct and have them mailed to your home, or take $2 now, put it in your purse, wallet, money clip or whatever, and be ready to THROW DOWN if you walk by a store that has these.  $2 of emergency money for curls.  $2 to ensure that happiness can be purchased at anytime, anyplace.   Because you're worth it - L'Oréal






No comments:

Post a Comment